The ETHOS Mission
Our mission at ETHOS Health Communications is to improve the care and outcomes of people by becoming the leading source of credible, authoritative health information, resources, and activities. Our focus is to deliver superior scientific and strategic thinking. We are committed to creating the highest quality content and programming that informs, inspires, and activates.
Does your agency help you get your work noticed?
Are you REALLY getting scientific and strategic value from your agency?
Is your agency staffed with scientifically credentialed individuals?
Are you tired of the bait and switch?
Is your agency truly a part of your team?
How would you like a team dedicated to your business?
Is your agency putting more work on your plate than what it is taking off?
e•thos [ee-thos, ee-thohs, eth-os, -ohs]
- Sociology. The fundamental character or spirit of a culture; the underlying sentiment that informs the beliefs, customs, or practices of a group or society; dominant assumptions of a people or period. <In the Greek ethos the individual was highly valued.>
- The character or disposition of a community, group, person, etc.
- The moral element in dramatic literature that determines a character's action rather than his or her thought or emotion.
Origin: 1850-1855; from Greek ēthos custom, habit, character
Our focus at ETHOS Health Communications is to deliver superior scientific and strategic thinking. We are committed to creating the highest quality content and programming that informs, inspires, and activates.
Our company has distinguished itself through our team of highly credentialed science and strategy professionals with the training and experience to work in true partnership with pharmaceutical and biotech professionals "to translate the science of medicine into clinical benefits."
Our mission is to improve the care and outcomes of people by becoming the leading source of credible, authoritative health information, resources, and activities.
- We believe in the power of the science of medicine
- We believe that medicine has had a profoundly beneficial effect on humankind
- We believe that contributing to medicine is a worthy and noble endeavor
Qualities That Set ETHOS Apart
Strategy, Science, and Experience
At ETHOS, extensive pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience coupled with impressive credentials and leadership in science and medicine ensures that our teams bring unparalleled value to our clients. Each team is staffed by professionals with advanced degrees - PhD, MD, PharmD, MBA - from top institutions, and dedicated to a client team with the goal of creating an Integrated Partnership. The company's strong scientific and strategic capabilities ensure a deeper understanding of the value and relevance of clinical data; and enhance our knowledge and skill in building programs that translate science into clinical benefit to improve practice patterns and patient outcomes.
Novel Approaches and Innovative Solutions
ETHOS prides itself on being a problem-solving, solution-minded organization. With our novel methodologies and a passion for doing great work, we transform challenges into opportunity for our clients. And, with a clear understanding and a keen focus on our clients' objectives, we build innovative, evidence-based, and strategically guided solutions at the scale of the problem.
Excellence in Execution
We know that optimal results are achieved when there is equal emphasis placed on superior strategy thinking, precise planning, and excellence in execution. With this understanding, we work diligently to create and implement programs that are of the highest scientific and educational value. As we master these practices, we capture best practices into our ETHOS Standards of Excellence and train all team members.
“Really impressed with your attention to detail, timeliness, and strategic grounding”
- (Sr. Medical Director)
“In 20 years, I've seen good and bad advisory boards. Never before have I seen exemplary advisory boards until I worked with ETHOS”
- (Global Brand Director)
“ETHOS is the most strategic, scientific, and professional organization I’ve worked with...”
- (World-renowned Thought Leader)
“The whole ETHOS team is great...they make my life so easy. Happy to be working with ETHOS!”
- (Associate Director, MSLs)
“We never knew how bad our old process was until we worked with ETHOS”
“Best-in-Class” medical communications company
- (Sourcing Lead)
- (Brand Manager)
“A Best practice”
- (Marketing Director)
“ETHOS seems to have captured magic in a bottle. The depth of talent at the company is so impressive. No matter who I work with at ETHOS I find them to be exemplary. And this seems to be a common theme with other brands that work with ETHOS. I recommend them everywhere.”
- (Sr. Brand Manager)
Different by Design
ETHOS Health Communications is different by design. The company is a full-service health communications company committed to the success of our clients. In order to deliver on this commitment to our clients, ETHOS has developed an approach that is unique in our industry. Following are the key elements of ETHOS’ unique approach:
- Consistently demonstrate our commitment to the science and focus on Translating Science Into Clinical Benefit
- Be opportunistic in the marketplace and in suggesting ways to enhance strategies and tactics; identify and share best practices
- Measure the value of our work and be responsible and accountable for results; continually look for ways to improve the quality and impact of our programs
- Understand that clients demand value from their programs as these initiatives are designed to improve patient care
- Appreciate the unique nature of each client, brand, and project
- Conduct our business with a long-term outlook
- Remain focused on the fact that our reputation is based on work completed
Comprehensive Strategic and Tactical Planning
Commercialization/Market Preparation, including Launch-Readiness Planning
- Thought leader identification, plans of action, and development
- Scientific and therapeutic advisory boards
- Speaker bureau identification, planning, training, and development
- Content development for scientific, clinical, promotional, and internal training use
Medical communications content development for scientific, disease state, promotional, and field training purposes
Scientific and data analyses, interpretation, and recommendations
Congress/medical association planning, innovative programming, and content development
- Strategic and tactical publication planning, development, and implementation
- Manuscripts, study reports, review articles, newsletters
- Innovative programming, meetings, and events
Click on the photos of the individuals below to learn more about the members of our leadership team. As you will see, the unique breadth and depth of their experience combined with their determined focus guide our company’s efforts to deliver superior scientific and strategic thinking.
At ETHOS Health Communications, we are committed to providing the best in science and strategy to contribute in the most meaningful ways to the goal of improving the care and outcomes of patients. The company is comprised of more than 80 experienced and credentialed professionals who are devoted to what we refer to as our "Prime Directive" - Translating the Science of Medicine into Clinical Benefit. The members of our senior team possess decades of practical and leadership experience in healthcare, notably: pharmaceutical sales and marketing, strategic consulting, advanced scientific research and development and clinical care at nationally recognized academic institutions. We are proud of our strong and growing reputation for delivering innovative and proven results. For this we have earned our clients' trust, resulting in long-standing relationships.
ETHOS Health Communications is a rapidly growing, high-energy, team-focused company committed to improving patient health through comprehensive science-centered research and education. If you feel strongly about medical education and contributing to the improvement of patients’ lives, please contact us.
Current Job Openings
ETHOS Health Communications is currently interviewing for entry-level Strategic Consultant positions.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
The scope of work and daily activities are highly variable, and the nature of the work grows in complexity as the successful candidate gains experience and knowledge. Assignments include both short-term and long-term projects encompassing, for example:
- Brand Planning
- Program Management and Budget development
- Program delivery oversight
- Attendance at advisory board meetings
- Content Development
- Team Management
- Client Management
- Financial Review of Programs
- Strategic and tactical planning, both internally and externally
- Review and feedback on content and other projects at various levels within the organization
- Support and contribution toward achieving the team’s revenue goal
- Advanced degree in science, pharmacy, management, marketing, or business
- Strong strategic and analytical background
- Strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills to work effectively within demanding timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and thought leaders in a variety of therapeutic areas
An ETHOS SC is responsible for researching, developing, growing, and managing a profitable book of business for the company. SCs take the leading role in identifying business opportunities, designing and conducting analyses, proactively building strategic recommendations that bring value to the client, securing and implementing projects based on these recommendations, and interfacing with the internal team working on the account. SCs act as the day-to-day strategic advisor to the client and ensure that our work is strategically on-target, accurate, and delivered within budget and timelines. SCs are also responsible for marshaling and shepherding company resources to ensure that we are bringing the highest value to our clients.
SCs are involved in researching, prospecting, and networking to secure opportunities to meet with targeted clients. As current and newly established relationships and business grows with the client—through the demonstration of superior thinking and the highest quality work—SCs must balance their time and efforts between managing their current client relationships and business and growing new client relationships and business. These management responsibilities will include the creation of business (account) plans designed to assist the organization in making sound investment decisions to best serve the needs of our clients and their business. SCs will routinely prepare, facilitate, and lead business reviews and can have an expanded leadership role in company-wide growth initiatives and decisions.
The core responsibility of the Medical Writer is to develop evidence-based content that adheres to the established ETHOS standards, is in accordance with all client and ETHOS polices, and meets the strategic objectives of our clients. For day-to-day direction, the Medical Writer works under the direct supervision of the Strategic Consultants (SCs) and/or Scientific Director(s), who direct the client team to which the Medical Writer is assigned.
Required Experience and Skill:
- Advanced Life Science degree, PhD or PharmD
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word®, PowerPoint®, Excel®, Adobe Acrobat®, and reference-management software (eg, RefMan and EndNote®)
- Proficiency in conducting Internet searches (particularly of PubMed)
- Knowledge of standard proofreader’s symbols
- Familiarity with the house style guide and all relevant style manuals from clients
- Intimate knowledge of the latest edition of the AMA Manual of Style
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Detail oriented
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills; this includes the ability to formulate queries that will elicit appropriate feedback from reviewers
- Familiarity with the process of publishing scientific/clinical manuscripts (eg, journal selection, adherence to journal guidelines, adoption/rebuttal of reviewer suggestions, etc.)
The primary responsibility of the Scientific Director (SD) is to ensure that all content developed is evidence-based, is of the highest editorial quality, meets the strategic objectives of our clients, and ultimately translates science into clinical benefit. The SD functions as the scientific team lead and is responsible for providing scientific and medical expertise, strategies, and perspectives by staying abreast of the most up-to-date research and other changes in the marketplace that impact the therapeutic area and the Brand. The SD is expected to partner effectively with Strategic Consultants (SCs) to translate the strategic, marketing, and educational objectives of our clients into compelling programs. The SD serves as the primary quality-control contact for internal and external content development and actively manages the input of Key Opinion Leaders, authors, and faculty.
- Advanced life sciences degree: MD, PhD, or PharmD
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive medical writing experience
- Communication agency experience (at least 3 years’ experience)
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team setting
- Superior time management skills to work effectively within demanding timelines
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and thought leaders in a variety of therapeutic areas
- Proficiency in Word®, PowerPoint®, Excel®, Adobe Acrobat®, and reference-management software (EndNote®)
To learn more about this position, please contact Patricia Kelly, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com
At ETHOS, the Program Manager plays a pivotal role in the successful delivery of each program; therefore this role is critical to the success and profitability of the organization. A program manager is the person primarily responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management of the programs to which he or she is assigned. This would include, but is not limited to:
- Overall client satisfaction with the quality of the program, ensuring that the delivery is in accordance with the strategic direction defined for the program;
- Assurance that programs are delivered in accordance with ETHOS standard operating procedures;
- Coordination of all individual efforts required to complete the delivery of the program, as well as performing any necessary delivery steps that are not assigned to others;
- Management of the program timeline and clear communication of this timeline to all others involved in program (client, outside contractors, Strategic Consultant, etc.);
- Management and coordination of outside contractors including all issues involving quality, scope, contract, and timeline;
- Management of the program budget, including budgeted hours for ETHOS employees, budgeted hours for outside contractors (if applicable) and out-of-pocket expenses – this includes final reconciliation of all changes to the client for the program at its completion.
- Undergraduate degree in management, marketing, business, science, pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical education/communication/marketing experience preferred
At ETHOS, the Program Coordinator plays an important role in the successful delivery of our programs. The Program Coordinator works under the direction of the Program Manager on the client team to which he or she is assigned. Together, the Program Manager and Program Coordinator work to manage and coordinate the details of program delivery with excellence in execution.
The specific responsibilities of the Program Coordinator are dependent on the specific therapeutic team with respect to the client the team supports. Those responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Update timelines and program status reports
- Track status of documents through med/legal review and preparing documents for team for med/legal review meetings
- Prepare invoicing documents (task orders, SOWs)
- Preliminary med/legal review tasks including reference management, project briefs, coordination of taggers, OPDP samples and job starters
- Share Point File Management
- Maintain weekly reports and coordinate internal schedules and meetings
- Participate in weekly meetings and client calls
- Document preparation and distribution
- Manage routing of materials through editorial, graphics, print production and outside vendors when necessary
- Develop and maintain various internal and external databases
- Fresh look review for various content pieces including videos, scripts and slide decks
- Collect and summarize materials from program participants, including evaluation forms, pre-meeting surveys, etc. for use in executive summary
- Initiate job reconciliations
- Update Program Manager and Strategic Consultant with program details, as appropriate
Logistics coordination for Program Delivery – congresses, advisory boards, speaker training, etc.:
- Manage recruitment activities and coordinate initial and follow-up communication with program faculty and attendees for recruitment to programs
- Track attendee responses and create and update reports for program managers and clients
- Manage registration materials including consultant agreements and W9 forms
- Logistics planning, including site research and selection, reviewing hotel contracts to ensure all appropriate details are accurate, obtaining appropriate space for the program (both sleeping rooms and meeting rooms), arranging food and beverage selections, coordinating audio visual requirements for the program
- Manage travel arrangements and details, requests for materials, etc. with program faculty, attendees and outside vendors
- Prepare, format, organize and disseminate meeting materials
- Ensure all necessary and appropriate meeting materials needed on-site are shipped to meeting location
- Develop and maintain a database to track program details (for example, contact information for meeting participants, material tracking information, med/legal status)
- Perform post-meeting activities including honoraria check requests, thank you letters and expense reimbursements
This position requires moderate travel and occasional front desk coverage
Given these responsibilities, desired skills include:
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Outlook)
- Flexibility to prioritize and manage various projects for multiple teams/program managers
- Ability to coordinate multiple concurrent programs, with consideration of each program timeline
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. May consider relevant work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
ETHOS is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.